December 13, 2005
Our car should be getting finished today. Huzzah!
Meanwhile, chaos erupts in Australia.
Australia, from what I've heard, prides itself on being a melting pot much like the U.S., and such racist violence seems uncommon in such a diverse place.
I may have missed it, but I don't remember direct acts of violence or rioting being stirred against Arabs after 9/11 in the U.S. I'm not trying to downplay the backlash that did occur. I just don't remember it resulting in citizens becoming violent against citizens. 9/11 was a huge attack. It seems like the small things ignite something in us more than the big things. For instance, the recent riots in Paris were ignited because of two teenagers who were accidentally electrocuted while hiding from the police. This resulted in weeks of rioting in hundreds of cities.
Here's a theory. The US went to war after we were attacked by terrorists. The government did something about it, because two giant towers were destroyed. But when two teenagers die, citizens know that the government won't do a thing about it. Vigalanteism takes effect and spreads like wildfire through angry people who feel victimized or marginalized in some way.
Meanwhile, chaos erupts in Australia.
Australia, from what I've heard, prides itself on being a melting pot much like the U.S., and such racist violence seems uncommon in such a diverse place.
I may have missed it, but I don't remember direct acts of violence or rioting being stirred against Arabs after 9/11 in the U.S. I'm not trying to downplay the backlash that did occur. I just don't remember it resulting in citizens becoming violent against citizens. 9/11 was a huge attack. It seems like the small things ignite something in us more than the big things. For instance, the recent riots in Paris were ignited because of two teenagers who were accidentally electrocuted while hiding from the police. This resulted in weeks of rioting in hundreds of cities.
Here's a theory. The US went to war after we were attacked by terrorists. The government did something about it, because two giant towers were destroyed. But when two teenagers die, citizens know that the government won't do a thing about it. Vigalanteism takes effect and spreads like wildfire through angry people who feel victimized or marginalized in some way.
Comments:
<< Home
wow, that is something I hadn't thought of. a very intriguing point on the behaviors of man as well as government.
gracias
gracias
there were people inside those two giant towers of course...
but no, i get your point. a twist on the same point / amnesty international, who are an incredible charity working to free prisoners of conscience are reluctant to work justice on behalf of a wealthy Russian oligarch who has been framed by the government so they can effectively steal his oil fortune and get it back for the state.
sometimes injustice hides the rich as well as the poor.
Post a Comment
but no, i get your point. a twist on the same point / amnesty international, who are an incredible charity working to free prisoners of conscience are reluctant to work justice on behalf of a wealthy Russian oligarch who has been framed by the government so they can effectively steal his oil fortune and get it back for the state.
sometimes injustice hides the rich as well as the poor.
<< Home


