October 25, 2005

 

OK, so...

In order to maintain a balance of the type of posts I write, I should probably share something from my personal life. I hope it's remotely interesting.

I write this blog from my office, which is in an old fire house in a little neighborhood called Millwood. It's nothing spectacular. The railroad track is about 40 feet away, and every single engineer feels obligated to let the horn rip as he passes by. It's rather bothersome, but I've become used to it.

Kristina and I celebrated our first anniversary this past weekend. It was relaxing. We ate good food, picked pumpkins from a pumpkin patch, ate more good food, stayed at the Davenport, wasted a couple hours at a coffee shop, and saw Dreamer at the theater. I heard Ebert and Roeper say that Hollywood has passed a law that Dakota Fanning has to be in every seventh movie released.

A note to all my Seattle readers: I have visited many more great local coffee houses in Spokane than I ever did in Seattle. I attribute this to two facts:
  1. More small local roasters in Spokane
  2. I lived on the East Side when I lived in Seattle and didn't go west often enough.
That solves that myster. y. And this ends my "dear online diary" type entry.

Comments:
1. I may have to disagree with you on the "more small coffee roasters in Spokane" Until you prove me otherwise...I want to see facts, boy!

2. I will agree with you here...you really didn't get out enough.
 
Go west young man!

This is a typical eastside symptom. It's just so hard to get an eastsider across the lake. What is with that? Are they allergic of Seattle? Dislike of bums? Perhaps they are all batophobic?

Notice I use the term "they?" I noticed.
 
If I had a do-over, I would've spent a lot more time blowing off responsibility and heading to Seattle.

Facts? Let's do it this way. On a regular basis, I drink coffee roasted by the following local roasters:

Thomas Hammer Coffee
Cravens
Doma

There are a few more. There are more in Seattle, but I didn't drink their coffee on a regular basis. Local coffee roasters seem more ubiquitous in Spokane. That's a good way to put it.
 
And a good word to put it with: ubiquitous. Of course, I don't know if it wins out on my usage of "batophobic."

Days and counting, Gus. Days and counting.
 
Props for batophobic!

I know, can you believe it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?