November 30, 2005
And I'm back
It should be known that I don't have internet access at home, so my blogging habits are dependent upon whether or not I'm at work. I'm finally back at work, so I'm blogging again!
First, book update: I'm right about 4,500 words. That's not very much, but I'm very excited about what I'm writing. I plan to continue. Did I fail Nanowrimo? Yes. No. Whatever. I did not write 50,000 words, nor did I upload any words to be verified. I did not receive the winner's icon. However, the whole point of nano is get people like me to write much more than I normally would in a month. And I have done so!
My first failure was a big success, because I discovered that I do not want to write a novel about the Stanford Prison Experiment, at least not at this time. After quitting, I also discovered that a movie has already been made on that subject, so my plan for an eventual screenplay was a wild goose chase to begin with.
My new story is proving to be much more exciting, visually driven, and contains an element of childish romance I usually don't let seep into my writing. But somehow, that elements helps keep me going.
Second, life update:
After a wonderful weekend in Seattle (yes, I was there) for Thanksgiving and getting rested up after a crazy month at work, Kristina & I returned to Spokane and to winter chaos.
Monday, I spent the day at home sick.
Yesterday, we woke up to see a couple inches of snow blanketing the landscape--and the streets. Not three blocks from our home, a mini-van failed to stop at an intersection just as we happened to be driving through it. It nailed us on the driver's side wheel. We were not hurt, but our car will be in the shop until December 16th. It's pretty munched. The other driver has good insurance, so we are being taken care of. We're driving a rental for now. Today, we're both going to the doctor to get our whiplash looked at. Kristina has it much worse than I do, since she was the driver and her side was impacted.
So, I spent the day at home yesterday, as well.
And today, well, I'm back!
First, book update: I'm right about 4,500 words. That's not very much, but I'm very excited about what I'm writing. I plan to continue. Did I fail Nanowrimo? Yes. No. Whatever. I did not write 50,000 words, nor did I upload any words to be verified. I did not receive the winner's icon. However, the whole point of nano is get people like me to write much more than I normally would in a month. And I have done so!
My first failure was a big success, because I discovered that I do not want to write a novel about the Stanford Prison Experiment, at least not at this time. After quitting, I also discovered that a movie has already been made on that subject, so my plan for an eventual screenplay was a wild goose chase to begin with.
My new story is proving to be much more exciting, visually driven, and contains an element of childish romance I usually don't let seep into my writing. But somehow, that elements helps keep me going.
Second, life update:
After a wonderful weekend in Seattle (yes, I was there) for Thanksgiving and getting rested up after a crazy month at work, Kristina & I returned to Spokane and to winter chaos.
Monday, I spent the day at home sick.
Yesterday, we woke up to see a couple inches of snow blanketing the landscape--and the streets. Not three blocks from our home, a mini-van failed to stop at an intersection just as we happened to be driving through it. It nailed us on the driver's side wheel. We were not hurt, but our car will be in the shop until December 16th. It's pretty munched. The other driver has good insurance, so we are being taken care of. We're driving a rental for now. Today, we're both going to the doctor to get our whiplash looked at. Kristina has it much worse than I do, since she was the driver and her side was impacted.
So, I spent the day at home yesterday, as well.
And today, well, I'm back!
Comments:
<< Home
That's terrible! Sorry about the car wreck, that's no fun. If I believed in karma (which I don't) I might suspect that this came about because YOU WERE IN TOWN AND DIDN'T LET ANY OF US KNOW!!! Not that I'm bitter about it or anything.
Yeah, I'm gonna keep on hitting my book. I for sure didn't win. There's always next year! But I know that I wouldn't have the 11,000 words I have now, so in that way, yeah, it was a success.
Yeah, I'm gonna keep on hitting my book. I for sure didn't win. There's always next year! But I know that I wouldn't have the 11,000 words I have now, so in that way, yeah, it was a success.
I'm sorry as well Goose, but I am glad to read your post and it's nice to know that you are alive an kickin'. I hope both you and Katrina get much better soon
Yes, it was a horrible thing for me not to tell anybody. I didn't do it on purpose. It was a last minute trip. Sorry!
Did I type something else, that wasn't my intent, I meant Kristina, wow, am I ever bad with names, sorry Goose, and sorry Kristina, it will never happen again(I hope), cause if it did that would mean that I suffered an extreme injury to the brain and that just wouldn't be nice.
Thank you Tim
Thank you Tim
Wow, this post was quite a while ago and I haven't checked it out. I'm so glad to hear that the two of you were not seriously injured in that car wreck that would have been terrible. I hope you two love birds are doing great right now.
Post a Comment
<< Home

