November 15, 2005
Word Count?
As for NaNoWriMo...I haven't quit!
But I have started over. My word count was only up to 3,000 and I was very bored with the idea I had begun to write about. I figured, if this story isn't capturing my interest, then it's going to really stink for other readers. So I started afresh yesterday with a new idea. I'm having much more fun now. My word count is now at about 1,400. I'll keep you updated. I'm still doing my darndest to reach 50K by the end of the month. It's doable! I'm only about 24,000 words behind.
But, I'm also giving myself a backdoor escape hatch. If I don't reach 50K by November 31st, I'll reset my goal to December 14th. But then, of course, I won't get to download the winner's icon. Boo hoo.
But I have started over. My word count was only up to 3,000 and I was very bored with the idea I had begun to write about. I figured, if this story isn't capturing my interest, then it's going to really stink for other readers. So I started afresh yesterday with a new idea. I'm having much more fun now. My word count is now at about 1,400. I'll keep you updated. I'm still doing my darndest to reach 50K by the end of the month. It's doable! I'm only about 24,000 words behind.
But, I'm also giving myself a backdoor escape hatch. If I don't reach 50K by November 31st, I'll reset my goal to December 14th. But then, of course, I won't get to download the winner's icon. Boo hoo.
Comments:
<< Home
I don't think I'm gonna get that winner's icon either. Oh well. There's always next year!
Not that I'm giving up. I'm at 11,000 words... but there's just not time enough to get it done. I'm not sure if I like my story either, Justin, but I'm into it now, so I'm gonna ride it out.
Not that I'm giving up. I'm at 11,000 words... but there's just not time enough to get it done. I'm not sure if I like my story either, Justin, but I'm into it now, so I'm gonna ride it out.
What's nice is that it's all just a rough draft, right? You don't have to show it to anybody until you feel it's ready!
Post a Comment
<< Home

