February 09, 2006
About a Mandoline
A bright and beautiful young lady asked me what I might do with a mandoline. The simple answer is that I will play it.
I currently play the keyboard a lot in a band called The Noted. Our lead, Sean Saugen, recently stated he wanted to go a little more electric and heavy. So, the other two members, Max & myself, have started looking into banjos and mandolines. C'est le vie. Maybe we're the balancing force, kind of like the Dark Side.
But the main reason Gus chose a mandoline is because he is going to Germany in April, and part of the reason for going is to play music at a church coffee house. Now, Gus has to take a rather bulky video camera as carry-on luggage. He also has to take an instrument with him. If you were Gus, would you rather carry an electric bass or a mandoline all the way across the Atlantic?
I currently play the keyboard a lot in a band called The Noted. Our lead, Sean Saugen, recently stated he wanted to go a little more electric and heavy. So, the other two members, Max & myself, have started looking into banjos and mandolines. C'est le vie. Maybe we're the balancing force, kind of like the Dark Side.
But the main reason Gus chose a mandoline is because he is going to Germany in April, and part of the reason for going is to play music at a church coffee house. Now, Gus has to take a rather bulky video camera as carry-on luggage. He also has to take an instrument with him. If you were Gus, would you rather carry an electric bass or a mandoline all the way across the Atlantic?
Comments:
<< Home
i would much rather take a mandoline. we should name our first child mandoline. it is a very practical name. i'm off to my history class to find out just how badly i botched the test.
I vote for mandoline.
I didn't know you knew how to play that thing, I thought you were only a gifted piano player.
I didn't know you knew how to play that thing, I thought you were only a gifted piano player.
uh, maybe im totally like living in a different city or something like that but i just want to complain that I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT YOU BEING IN A BAND! sheesh.
Post a Comment
<< Home


