December 30, 2005

 

Well, Chicken Little...

...the sky may not be falling, but time is certainly slowing down.

This article outlines why you will get to have one extra second added to your life.

If you're not one to take the time to follow the provided hyperlink, I'll explain. The time it takes the earth to orbit the sun is slowing down at an incredibly slow rate. This is being caused by Martians. Their explanation, of course, is something about the moon's gravitational pull and some yo-yo idea about a fight we're having with Jupiter. It's all just a cover-up.

So what does this mean? Well, in a few hundred million years, it means that an earth day will be 25-hours long.

But for now, it means that you get an extra second in 2006. Enjoy! Oh, and let's all hope the computers all take the one-second pause simultaneously, otherwise the internet will break.

So, what will you do with your extra second?

Comments:
I will yawn.
 
awww, man, i missed it! how long do I have to wait until there is another leap second?

well it just figures i was oblivious to the fact there was an extra second, I've never won the lotto either. :)

This post has been posted at almost 4:00 pm on Jan 6. 2006
Armando out
 
GUS! join us in 2006!!!
PLEASE?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?