October 17, 2005

 

At about 1 a.m. this morning...

I heard a sound that made my heart beat really fast, but I had no idea what it was. I woke Kristina up and asked if she had heard it. She had, but just thought it was part of her dream.

Let me try to describe it. It was loud, and it sounded like a combination of something ripping, wings flapping and a series of little thuds. It sounded like it came from the livingroom.

My first thought, since we live on a busy corner in a somewhat rough neighborhood, was that we'd been broken into. I slowly crept out of bed and down the hall. I opened the door that led into the kitchen, and as I did, I heard another door shut. My heart froze and my mind raced. "It was just the air pressure of opening this door that closed another," I told myself. I tried to think of where our beefy iron candlesticks could be, so I could grab one as a weapon.

After checking the front and side doors, I concluded there was nobody in our house, but I was still mystified. What was that sound? As I hopped back into bed, we decided it was some strange car noise on the busy street next to our house.

When i woke up later this morning and went downstairs to iron my clothes, I discovered what had happened.

To be continued.

Comments:
Oh, come on! What's with the suspense game?
 
Can you guess what it is?
 
I know I can
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?